Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, July 11, 2016

The Titanic

What's up fam?!

This past week has been interesting to say the least!  Elder Hansen and I had some pretty funny encounters this past week and met a lot of crazy people! We are still working with a lot of people we have around 15 people that are investigating but we didn't have our truck this week so we had to walk all week. About 12 of our investigators live by the college that is like a five mile walk from our house! This week has been the most exhausting week of my mission, probably my life too. The weather here is killer, literally I feel like we could die any day lol. We actually learned a fun fact from one of the members in the Ward, turns out Eastern Iowa, and Western Illinois is actually the most humid part of the country. I didn't believe him at first but he showed us online, so yeah if you don't hear back next week it's probably cause Hansen and I are laying dead on the sidewalk somewhere in downtown CR.
Despite the inhospitable weather, the work here is still going good! Our investigators are still in the learning phases and are still afraid to make big steps, one awesome thing was our Investigator Kayla came to a baptism for one of the Sisters Investigators. The Spirit was really strong and you could tell she was really touched. We are really working hard to get people to Church, most of the people we teach don't have cars, and most of the members in the Ward are rebelling and refusing to give them rides. So that's fun to deal with, but we have high hopes for all 20 of our new friends! We know the Lord will provide a way to get these humble people to Church and help them be converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

Funny Stories:
Ok Update on the Bird. So last week I wrote about the bird who got in our bathroom and was flying a muck. So we get home from P-day that night and Hansen goes up stairs, and again I hear "BIRD! THE BIRD IS IN OUR ROOM!" And he runs away again lol! So at this point I'm just sick and tired of this darn bird flying all erratic in my house. What happened next is a little fuzzy but all I remember is taking the little guy out with a broom. Problem solved.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! I'm grateful to live in the Land that is Choice above all others! Love you guys!

Peace,
Elder Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment