Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, June 20, 2016

Birds

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Father's Day yesterday! I just want to start off with a quick shout out to my Dad for being the best Father out there and always being such a great example to me! It definitely strange being away from my family on Father's day for the first time. The past few days in CR have in INSANE. Elder Hansen and I have literally been running from appointment to appointment, luckily it was our turn to have the truck this week or else we would have died. Serving in Cedar Rapids is like a dream, missionary work-wise. We found 12 new investigators this week which is more than I found my entire five months in Waverly! Safe to say I'm enjoying serving in the big city setting and teaching crazy  people every day. My first full week in the city has been legit, so many missionary opportunities it's insane. Some of my favorite people we taught this week are named Wendee and Kayla. Wendee is awesome, we met her on my first day in CR we were on like a hour long walk to stop by another investigator and it was like 95 degrees outside. Wendee works at this Cafe and ran outside and told us she just "Felt like she needed to give us water" so now we are teaching her during the week at the Cafe lol. The other lady Kayla is awesome too, she's a single mom and has a really cute little boy who's super crazy. Kayla is really humble and likes the conservative ideals of the Church, she's also sassy as all get out. So naturally we just argue back and forth it's really funny. They are both coming to church this Sunday hopefully so we are excited for them to progress. As for the other 9 investigators, their still in the beginning stages. We should be baptizing our Afeican friend, Sunzu this Saturday. We could use some prayers that he'll meet with us regularly though!

Ok two stories for you guys. The first one was I had my first exciting ghetto experience, we were knocking in these super hood apartments and we are walking up to this door and all of a sudden we hear a Gunshot! It was on the very far end of the complex from us but it was still super loud! Then all these people come out of their apartments and Hansen and I were just like "We need one more OYM!" so we talked to the first person that came out about the Plan of Salvation lol. It was funny though as we were leaving we could hear all these crazy people speculating on what happened and basically betting on who shot who. I was just thinking man this isn't Waverly anymore haha.
The Second story just happened actually. Elder Hansen and I were talking in the house and he goes into the bathroom, then I hear him scream at the top of his lungs. So he comes running out yelling " Bird! Bird! There's a bird in the Bathroom!" And he just runs down the stairs and leaves me in the kitchen all confused. We tried to catch it in a box but it ran under neath our tub and we can't get it. So most likely it'll die down there and stink up the whole house, so that'll be exciting. 
I hope you all have a great week! Shout out to all the Dads and Future Dads out there, I know being the favorite parent isn't an easy job but some one has to do it! 

Love you all
Elder Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment