Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thanksgiving and Such

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

The past two weeks have been pretty crazy and fun! We had transfers on Monday because of Thanksgiving and all of that good stuff. But Elder McCain got shipped out to Hamilton Illinois so I got to pick up my new companion his name is Elder Barber! He's from Alpine Utah and he's pretty sweet. He plays college golf at UVU so he's pretty much a stud. He's been out 3 months and just got done training so he's pretty fresh. 

So I missed a week of writing because weird p-days and junk but there hasn't been too many crazy things going on in Ankeny. Most of our stories come from Des Moines because I like working there a lot more than in actual Ankeny (cause white people are mean to me) but we have some exciting events coming up. 

So a few weeks ago we had a the wife of a member of the Ward text us and say that she wants to be baptized! Her name is Nicole, she's very nice. Very private and quiet so we have just been kind of helping her get ready to be baptized. But her date is for Dec.10th! Her interview will be this week which she'll pass easy. We are very excited for another baptism here in Ankeny 2nd South! 

We also have another investigator on date named Chris. He is the brother of the girls we baptized last transfer, he wants to join in on the fun and he's baptismal date is for Dec. 17th! His birthday! What better way to celebrate than washing all your sins away?! lol. 

So we are pretty pumped for the Ankeny area right now! Lots of good stuff looking forward to helping 2 more souls come closer to Christ in the up coming weeks! 

Alright because I know my mom is going to pry for detalis here is what we did on Thanksgiving 

So the night before the ZL's slept over at our place and we woke up and went to IHOP and then we went to a members house and chilled and played games. We got to see a little bit of of Sam Bradford choking against the Lions so that brought me some inner joy. Then we had dinner at the Duersons house, Sister Duerson is my favorite, her name is Yolanda and she's from the Philippines and she always yell's "Elder Milligaaaannn!" whenever I say something sassy to her. She's the best. Then after the Duersons we went to another dinner at the Church held by a big family in the 1st ward it was really fun. We ate so much Elder Barber threw up in the middle of the night! (I didn't even wake up, bad companion status). Lol but it was pretty fun even though I didn't get to be with my fam. I definitely felt grateful for them even though I didn't get to spend time with them!   

Alright I love you guys

Happy late thanksgiving/ Early Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment