Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, February 6, 2017

Heck Week

Yoooooo!


What's up everybody? 

This week has been really good here in Ankeny. We have been meeting with all the awesome people we met last week and setting baptismal dates with them. Everyone we've been working with have been progressing super well. We're still trying to get them to Church but so far they've all been reading and praying so that's progress.

Also exciting news is that we should be having another awesome baptism this coming Saturday! Tracy and Margaret are doing amazing. They are both reading and learning more and more and have been coming to church consistently. They have been taught everything and are ready to be baptized this weekend. We are still working with their mother Hawa. But she has been harder to meet with so it's going to take a little longer to get her where she needs to be. We're hoping she'll follow her daughters example though! 

Other than that we've been working hard to find more people to teach. Every day is an adventure in Ankney/ Des Moines there's so many interesting and diverse people around here. I never thought I could go from teaching corn farmers to African refugees in less than a 30 Minute drive through our area. 

Okay once again gotta say thanks to every one that emailed me after I got off for my birthday! You guys are awesome! I love ya'll. I got pretty spoiled on my birthday we got a cake from the Sisters in the zone, a member family and our african investigators made me cup cakes! Birthdays in the Mission are the best, I've never felt more fulfilled than spending fun times like that with people that are trying to find their way back to God! 


I love you guys!


Have a good week! Pray for Tracy and Margaret!

My birthday cake(s):
Sisters in our Zone made a cake for my Birthday 

Our African Investigators/Member Family bought me some nice cupcakes as well haha



The Johnson Family we stopped by and played games with them and taught their cousins (Margret and Tracy) for My "Birthday Party"
 





No comments:

Post a Comment