Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, March 6, 2017

Driving, Driving, Driving

What's uppp loved ones?

This week was really good, Burlington is full of insane people and lots of crazy things happen everyday. But it's a party, I love the Nauvoo Zone all the missionaries are straight homies so it's great to be a part of all the action down here on the Mississippi. But this week was awesome like I said, the whole zone worked hard and saw a lot of blessings for it. 

Here's some Highlights of this past week:


-First and foremost, our investigator Kara came to Church again this week! This time she brought 3 of her awesome kids as well! They are all excited to work towards being baptized on March 25th! The kids are all awesome and loved Church as well, the Ward did a great job of bringing them in and fellowshipping them! With those 4 people on date in our area, the zone has a total of 9. That's the most this zone has had in a longgg time. So we are pumped. 

-We had interviews with President and Sister Badger this past Wednesday it was awesome. Interviews are always kind of a stressful day trying to get the whole zone through the process in a timely manner. But it was awesome to be able to talk top them one on one. They took Elder Gundersen and I out to lunch afterwards and it was great to talk to them just us four and get to know them better.

-I think one of my favorite things about being the Zone Leaders in Nauvoo is the fact that we are responsible for like 8 Senior Couple Missionaries. They are literally so funny, like the other day one of them called me asking me to help them figure out their Microwave..Old people lol. Just kidding though they are tight, and so wise and spiritual! I love it. 

-We were at dinner with a member who's an EMT. He was telling us about the crazy things that have happened in Burlington this week. My two favorites were aq crazy guy with an Ak-47 was running through a neighborhood shooting at house randomly. Also there was a shootout between two gangs in the middle of Downton. "You can take the people out of Chicago, but you can't take the Chicago out of the people"- Every White person in Burlington's favorite one liner to tell us. 

-So this week we will be spending a LOT of time in the car. Today we drove 30 Minutes to Nauvoo through Illinois so we wouldn't have to take the toll bridge. Then we will drive an hour to Macomb Illinois for a baptismal interview after P-day. Then we will drive an hour and a half back to B-town. Then Wednesday we will drive an hour to Keokuk for a D-meeting. Then an hour back to Burlington for another D-meeting. Then On Thursday we will be driving 3.5 Hours to Des Moines for exchanges with the AP's. Then 3.5 hours back. Gundy and I are goona know each other real well after this week lol. 

-On Saturday Elder Gundersen and I wrecked two ghetto guys from Chicago at ball. And when I say we I mean, I sat back and shot some three's while Gundy beat them two on one down low lol. #WhiteBoyPower

-Last cool thing about this week. I got to go inside a temple! For the first time in like 16 Months lol! I got to help clean the temple it was awesome. Then the Lady took us up to inside the tower and we could see like the whole Mississippi river with a thunderstorm going on it was tight! 


But yeah that's pretty much been our week here. Hopefully we don't die of boredom in the car this week. Love you all! 


Okay Idk if I mentioned this at all with all the crazy stuff. But two weeks ago after MLC I was reunited with my brother at the Iowa City Mall. I've never been so happy to see someone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment