Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Thinking of You

What's up everyone?! I hope you all have had a great week. This week was one of the more interesting on my mission thus far. A lot of awkward and funny things happened but lets get down to the spiritual stuff first. So Elder Madsen and I have been workin our bootys off this week, we have been super busy and were able to teach quite a few people. The most exciting thing that happened this week however was that we got a new investigator, her name is Jennette! Except we call her "Sister Kerr" because she happens to be our new Branch President's wife! #GOLDMINE. We are really excited to teach Sister Kerr, she's one of my favorite people in the branch, she comes every week and is one of the most loving people I've ever met! She is super solid and already has a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and she already lives each one of the commandments to the fullest so really it's just the commitment she's been scared of (sounds like someone else I know ;)) but we can't wait for her to be baptized and be able to enter into the Gate! Her and President Kerr are like our grandparents out here they super kind! I love this lady so much I even ate "rubar and strawberry pie" for her. But yeah we are stoked for her and for all the faith she has shown in her conversion process, she even approached us about taking the lessons not the other way around!
Another awesome experience was we taught our Less Active Kevin, he has been struggling with trying to overcome his alcoholism and he let a friend he made in rehab move in with him. So we stopped by the other day and taught both of them and the spirit was really awesome! We read from the Book of Enos and talked a lot about repentance. It was great, and Kevin's friend is now an investigator.
Alright now for the funny parts of the week; to start off I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Baldomero, one of our Zone Leaders. He's a character, he's from Hawaii and is super deadpan and sarcastic. So you can never tell when he's being serious or not. But we had a lot of fun in Cedar falls, we taught a crazy friend-family-group thing and they were crazy. We started off teaching one guy, then another guy showed up and the other one left, then a girl showed up and started talking to us, then the second guys wife showed up. Basically we were't really sure who we were teaching at any certain point so we were kind of just talking to anyone who would listen. But it was really funny, we were there for two hours and I had to pee the whole time and was just trying to invite them to be baptized so I could get the heck out of there. Then during the closing prayer, I'm saying it and a little boy who belonged to one of the guys we were teaching just beams me in the face with a little plastic basketball and I was trying so hard not to laugh. It was definitely one of the crazier lessons I've had.   
I hope you all have a great week and that you find opportunities to share the Gospel! I love you all!

Elder Milligan
PS We moved this week to a better apartment! Our new address is 123 1st Ave. NW Apt #2

No comments:

Post a Comment