Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Sunday, June 4, 2017

May 29, 2017

This week was awesome. Lots of great things happened this week and we have a few investigators that are progressing real well. We spent a lot of time on exchanges with different members of our zone trying to build up their areas. We saw a lot of success which was awesome to see, everyone in the zone has people that are looking good to get baptized this transfer which was our goal we set at MLC so we are happy. 

The week in our area was great as well. We had our 3 most solid people at church. Our referral from SLC Kraig came to Church which was big, we're pumped about this guy. He came in a white shirt and tie and totally looked like a member I barely recognized him haha. It was good, I had to give a talk in Sacrament so hopefully I didn't scare anybody off lol. 

So this week kind of just went by without anything crazy happening so I don't have a lot to write about. We had a few funny things happen so I'll just list those. 

- While on exchanges in Macomb we were knocking some doors. So this lady answers the door and she basically tells us she is pregnant and she doesn't feel good. Mid-sentence she stops and puts her hand up and runs away saying she's going to vomit. So she just left us awkwardly on the doorstep, so I just left a note that said something like" Sorry you're sick! Congrats on the baby though! Love the LDS Missionaries" then we left the elders number on there. So hopefully something comes out of that ;)

-I got called to give a talk on Saturday night, and they told me to speak on whatever I wanted. So I just pulled a president Badger and got up there and just decided what to speak on once I got to the pulpit. I ended up speaking on PMG chapter 4 I thought it went pretty well lol. 

- I got to interview one of the Macomb Elder's investigators for Baptism. She was this funny asian lady and she talked my ear off! We were in there for like an hour, it was pretty funny. She's super nice though, she asked me to talk at her baptism so hopefully we'll get to go to it. 

Well that's all I got this week. I love you guys! Hope you're all enjoying summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment