Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Greetings world.


So this week was pretty nuts, I finally killed off my marshalese brother Elder Anitok. It was super sad to see him go, but he was a stud and he did his job. Hopefully I'll make it out to Hawaii soon so he can set me up with one of his Island Lady friends lol. 

So we had transfers and my wish came true. I'll get to stay another 6 weeks here and Nauvoo will be my first and last 6 month area lol. I'll get to be here for Pageant though and I'm PUMPED. We already have 4 investigators lined up to come watch pageant on different days. We also are going to be assigned to work down at the Pageant doing various jobs several nights a week this summer. It's going to be LIT. Everyone in our mission is always trying to get here during Paegent season so I feel pretty lucky to get one more transfer here!

My new Companion is the one and only Elder Butterfield! He's a cool kid, he was a DL in our zone and just got called to be ZL up here in Nauvoo with me. I'm excited he's a really cool kid and super hard worker. He's been out a year this Thursday! It's pretty weird, I feel like just yesterday I was getting trained, now I'm the oldest Person in the zone. Missions fly by! 

The work is going pretty well right now. We have a lot of solid people in the beginning stages. Kraig is doing good as well! He is almost done with the Book of Mormon for the second time! His only hold back right now is he is struggling with smoking still. We are working with him on that right now. He's goona overcome it though, he's got too much faith not to. I love that guy!

Not a whole lot to report on this week. Said a lot of Goodbyes to the studs that died this week. The mission and our MLC is going through some fat changes right now so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. 

Cool news though with transfers, my boy Elder Esplin is in our Zone now as one of our DL's so I'll get to exchange with him. I'm pumped! He hit's his year mark this week, I can't believe it's been a year since I got him. He's a stud!

One of the Highlights of the week, my favorite family the Thompsons. Took us out to dinner on Anitok's last night. They took us to the nicest restaurant in Burlington, they are so cash. They do a ton for us I love this family! 

That's it for this week. Hope you all have a killer week. I love you guys. The gospel is true, go share it's blessings with someone!

Love,

Jake

Pics From our Photo Shoot in Nauvoo, Lot's of goodbyes, and The thompson family dinner









​​

No comments:

Post a Comment