Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, September 25, 2017

Let's Go

Greetings Loved Ones.

This week was amazing. Literally all of the work we have been putting in this whole transfer is finally amounting to something and it feels real good. We had a ton of miracles happen and we saw a ton of blessings come from it.  It's 7:00 pm and I've been in the car for 6 hours and I just ate like 4 pounds of roast and sweet potatoes, so if none of this makes sense I apologize. Just know that E. Zinn and I are goin hard out here in Iowa City. 

I'm just going to make a list of things that happened this week:

-So I'm not sure if I've even mentioned this before, but for the entire month of August our zone has been in a competition to hand out the most BOMs. It was the IC stake vs the Nauvoo Stake. So throughout the month we have been keeping track of how many BOMs our zone has handed out and really been emphasizing giving a BOM to everyone we talk to. Our zone ended up handing out 628 BOMs in the month! Which was ton compared to usual, and we won the competition ;) 

-Last Friday we had Zone Conference it was pretty sweet. Lots of good things were learned. 

-THE KUROSAWA'S!!!!! Okay this is actually pretty sick, we got a whole family to church! It was awesome, we have been working so freakin hard to get people at Church this transfer and nothing has been working. So I've been getting really frustrated, during studies one morning I was kind of just fed up and in my prayer I just put it all out there and asked Heavenly Father to help us get people to Church, cause obviously whatever we were trying was not working. Honestly probably the hardest I've ever prayed for anything in my whole life, but anyways. We were out knocking, nothing going through, all our investigators being shady, all our potentials peepholing us,etc. So we get back in the car and I was about to lose it and all of a sudden we get a text from the referral system. The referral was for the Kurosawa family, they moved to IC a week ago from Japan! They were taught a little by the missionaries there and we went straight to their house and met them. They speak like 0.005% English, but they are the nicest people ever. We got there and they were freaking out to see us at the door and they gave us a ton of Japanese candy. Then Sunday they came to church and it was lit, I was on cloud 9. A member from Japan and a member who served in Japan translated for them and helped them at Church. We haven an appointment to teach them Wednesday Night! Pray for them, my favorite family of 5 Japanese people ever!

-Other Miracle this week, KRAIG went to the temple! Yeah boiii! We got to go do baptisms with him this morning at the temple! (hence why I'm emailing in the dark.) It was so cool to be there with him and my former comps Butterfield and Hansen! I got to dunk Jess like 10 times it was way cool ;) We took some pretty lit photos on Kit's phone so I'll send some of those. 

So this week was just blessings on blessings on blessings. I have a real testimony of hard work, I feel like God has been stretching me this whole transfer. My whole mission things always kind of seemed to fall into place perfectly, but this transfer has just been a battle. But I think sometimes God does that too us to let us prove that we are willing and worthy to work for the blessings he wants to give us. 

All in all it was a good week! I love you all! Have a good week!






No comments:

Post a Comment