Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, September 25, 2017

The Plague

​How's it going everyone? 

So we are emailing really late again this time it's cause my companion Elder Zinn is pretty much a walking zombie. He threw up 11 times last night, he's got nasty food poisoning or something it's bad. I don't know how he got food poisoning and I didn't since we ate the exact same food but lucky in love I guess. 

But literally the whole zone has been so sick this week. Everyone has had a cold or the flu in the last few days. I had a cold the whole week and have been coughing up crap all week. But we've been out trying to sweat it out and we got a lot of work done as well.

The Kurosawa's are doing good still, they are so funny. No English at all, communication is just smiling and nodding with a few basic words like yes, no, hello etc. They are doing good though, they came to Church again and we got them some Japanese pamphlets and they were able to read about the sacrament and prayer during the meeting. I think that helped a lot. We got another meeting set up with our Japanese speaking member so I'm stoked for that. 

We have been doing a lot of service lately, like more then I have done in the past year but it's alright. I like being outside now that it's not a billion degrees and you don't feel like you're taking a shower every time you go outside. The other day we dug a huge hole out for a member so they could put a drain in for their pool. 

Okay so that Iowa vs Iowa State game tho, lets goo Hawkeyes! We just happened to be eating lunch while the game was on, imagine that timing. 

Something else funny that happened this week was that a member gave us facials it was pretty funny. Got some good pics of it. 

This week just kind of flew by so I don't have a ton to talk about. But it was good stuff.

Love ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment