Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, September 25, 2017

"You ever read the BOM?"-ME "Ahh yah, that book is LIT"- Black Guy

What's up everyone? 

This week was so busy, it seriously flew by. We had a ton of things to do and we were just slammed all week. We moved apartments this week and that was a total chore. We didn't have a truck so we ended up taking out the seats of the our Big Girl Heather and loading up stuff in the back of the van. It took us like twenty trips I swear it was so annoying. We also had to clean out the Hermana's old apartment that got whitewashed so some how that responsibility got put on us to clean it out for them. So that took a few days and many trash bags. 

On Tuesday we had MLC which was awesome as usual. We learned a lot of good things and Elder Obray and I got to drive our van packed with 12 other Elders for 3 hours it was pretty fun. I got to revisit my old area in IC it was bitter sweet. 

We had a lot of great lessons this week, our main Guy Edward is getting baptized on October 7th! I'm pumped for him to get baptized he's so funny. He's by far my favorite Mexican. His baptism was announced at Church and everything so it's official! We had a few of our other investigators at Church as well and they are progressing nicely. It's a lot of fun having a ton of people to work with here in DM. 

Our new Apartment we moved into is a student housing apartment complex for Drake University. Drake is a pretty sick university, it is one of the oldest in Iowa and it's a really pretty campus, there's a ton of preppy kids running around cause it's a private school so it's fun to talk to them haha. I also met one of our neighbors who is from Boise, I saw his 1A license plate and started freaking out and chased him down lol.

Another crazy thing that happened this week is that the Bishopric in the DM ward changed out, and a member I knew from the Ankeny ward is now the Bishop here! Also they announced  that the ward boundaries changed and part of the Ankeny 2nd ward is now in our ward! So a huge chunk of the area I worked in last fall is now in our area I'm stoked, a ton of my recent converts from Ankeny will now go to Church in the DM ward I'm stoked to see them! :)

Well that's all for this week, me and E. Obray are just out here grinding, DM is lit, life is good. 

Love ya'll




No comments:

Post a Comment