Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, October 16, 2017

General Conference and Babies

This week was awesome! General conference is always a breath of fresh air on the Mission. It's also 5 different opportunities to get someone to Church and feel the spirit so we are all about that haha. We had a lot of good things happen this week, we have been working hard and teaching a ton of people which always feels good when your work yields a lot of results. 

This week we have been teaching Edward a lot, getting him ready for his baptism this Saturday! He's a stud and he's doing really good. His interview is tonight and he should be all good to go. Edward is such a funny guy, the other day during our lesson he told us he had a question but he wouldn't come out and ask it. So we were trying to get it out of him and finally he says "So my buddies want to go to the Strip club this weekend, and I'm always the designated driver. How do I tell my friends I can't go to the strip club anymore cause I'm Mormon now?" haha it was so funny. I love Edward, he is the most chill guy ever. 

This week we had exchanges with one of the DL companionship's in the zone. I went with Elder Lovin, he is a stud missionary. I remember when he first came out, he has grown a ton and is a great DL. I learn a ton from going on Exchanges with younger missionaries. It always helps me stay focus and realize how much I can improve on. We were able to teach our investigator Cynthia, she kind of dropped off the planet when I first got here so I've never met her and neither has E. Lovin so we went in there kind of blind but it turned out great. She had some concerns that we overcame with here and she is back on track for baptism which is awesome. 

We watched the Saturday afternoon session in mission home with the Badgers, it was kind of trippy. I felt like I was back home watching it. We watched the Sunday afternoon session with our African investigators Even and Romeo! We found out romeo turns 8 this month and he asked to get Baptized for his birthday! Isn't that precious haha? But it sounds like we are goona baptize him and his aunt for his b-day ;)

Other than that we've just been finding a lot and trying to get more people at Church. The work is awesome here I love DM.

I gotta end this email by giving a shoutout to my Sister Kristen and her Husband Eric! Congrats on the Baby! My nephew Hank looks like an absolute Baller! If you see my sister give her a hug for me!


Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment