Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, March 21, 2016

Goin' to the Chapel, Gonna get Baptized




What's up everybody?! I hope you all had a fantastic week this week and that all you bums are enjoying March Madness (I'm going through withdrawals). We had a great week here in Waverly, jam packed with funny stories and most importantly the baptism of my home girl Sherry! Funny thing about Sherry is that some of you might notice that I have spelt her name at least three or four different ways since we have been working with her because my companion was adamant that it was spelled one way, then I was positive that it was spelled the correct way (cause I'm usually never wrong ;) ) And then the missionary that filled out her baptismal form spelled it a different way and we were convinced that it must of been that one and we were both wrong. But alas my instincts were corrected, I should of had more faith in my self I guess. Haha all joking aside, Sherry's baptism was quite the experience, to start off Elder Sjoblom and I had to wake up early to fill the font and when I turned on the spout, a GIANT spider fell out and almost landed on me! I straight up had a heart murmur, I hate bugs. But I killed it with the snow shovel and we were all unharmed. The actual baptism was amazing, Sherry was baptized by our Branch Mission Leader, who is a convert of only two years so it was a great experience for both of them! We are so excited for Sherry and her decision to enter the covenant of baptism and receive all the blessings that come along with it. We are also pumped because we have been teaching her nine year old son Quentrell (I didn't spell that one right my first time) who is straight dynamite, he just eats up the gospel and he loves to pray and is pumped for primary and cub scouts! We set a date for him to be baptized on April 9th and we couldn't be happier for him! 
This week has been one of the best on the Mish thus far no doubt. On Thursday I went on exchanges with one of our Zone Leaders Elder Devenport, he's a stud and we got to teach down in Cedar Falls. The night we were teaching was around the time when UNI (which is in Cedar Falls) hit the 3/4 court shot to win the game in the tourney so the whole town was lit haha. But my favorite experience was teaching three African families! None of them spoke English so we had to use little French phrases that Elder Devenport has picked up and basically just pointed at the Restoration and were like "Jesus. Christ. He. Loves. Us." it was super funny but the spirit was very strong as well. It made me jealous of my best friend in Africa who gets to teach these awesome people every day;) white people just aren't as receptive for some reason lol. 
Well I hope you all have an amazing week, enjoy the Madness. Share the Gospel.


Loves,
Elder Milligan


Also, I took a picture with the World's Biggest Frying pan! Iowa, ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment