Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, April 11, 2016

Baptisms and Bronchitis





Sup fam?! I hope that the past week was a good one for all of you! This week started off pretty rough but it really picked up towards the end. Halfway through the week we had to drive an hour to district meeting and I was feeling pretty under the weather, but I didn't think much of it and we went about the rest of our day normally. The next day I woke up and couldn't talk at all, and my throat was on fire. Then the grossest thing happened I started coughing up bloody snot during comp prayer haha! I felt like I had the plague and my companion had to call the doctor. I had to go in and be checked out, luckily it wasn't the plague, it was Bronchitis. So I got some antibiotics and had to stay in for two days because Sister Jensen said we couldn't go out if it was below a certain temperature. Safe to say, Elder Sjoblom and I had a bad case of cabin fever by the end of the second day. 
But I got better by Saturday and we were able to go out and do some work. And on Sunday my homie Quentrell was finally baptized! It was probably one of the best days I've had on the mission thus far, to see this young kid so full of faith finally get to enter the Lord's Kingdom on Earth was an incredible feeling for sure. I had the privilege of confirming Quentrell as a member of the Church and it was one of the most spiritual moments of my entire life! One of the best parts of the day however came after the baptism, Quentrell was talking to his Grandpa on the phone and I overheard the him saying "Grandpa I got baptized, do you know what that means? It means I'm clean again and can start over! And that Jesus and the Holy Ghost will always be with me!" Hearing such a powerful testimony out of ten year old kid who couldn't even pronounce the word "Nephi" when we started teaching him was such a humbling experience for me. It was really hard not to get emotional listening to how happy and enthusiastic he was about his baptism. People like Quentrell and his mom Sherry are the driving force behind what missionary work is all about. I had probably a hundred doors shut in my face before we found Sherry but I'd knock on a thousand more doors just to find a family as faithful and prepared as her and her kids. One of the first things we teach in the first lesson is that the Gospel blesses families. That's the truest statement you'll ever read, the gospel has done wonders for Sherry and her family and I'm so grateful that lord led us to her so he could bring her home. 
I Love you all, have a great week. Go share the gospel.
Elder Milligan


No comments:

Post a Comment