Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, April 4, 2016

We're Not Moving


Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed General Conference and that you were able to receive some revelation pertinent to you. I personally thought the sessions this weekend were off the chain. So good, wow. There was so much power packed into each block it was straight fire the whole time! I really loved my man Neil L. Anderson's talk, about families and the importance of the temple. One of my favorite messages to share out here is that through the Gospel we can live with our families for all eternity and Elder Anderson really killed his talk on why it is important that we help others be sealed to their loved ones. There has been a lot of funny things that happened the past week, most of them have to deal with our investigator Quentrel. We have been teaching him a lot this past week to get him ready for his interview, and we came to the law of chastity. Trying to relate this lesson to a Nine year old boy was pretty interesting and it just so happened that it was my turn to speak when we got to this subject. So we start talking about chastity and I basically tell him that he can't date till he's sixteen and he asked what "Adultery" meant and I was just like "Uh, it means no hurting your wife's feelings or making her feel bad when you're married. Just don't break her heart Quentrel." He took it pretty well. The funny thing that happened was the next day we went over it again and I brought up no dating till your sixteen and he's like "No, but I already have a girl friend!" And I was like "Tough luck man, it's over." And he like jumped on floor and looked up and was like "Elder Milligan, I'm not goona commit adultery! I can't break my girl friends heart!" I laughed so hard I started crying almost, this kid is hilarious. It was probably the funniest thing an investigator has said to me thus far on the mish. Luckily we were able to alleviate all of Quentrel's "concerns" about the Law of Chastity and he is all set to be baptized this coming Saturday. HOLLAH. I'm pumped for my homie to finally be baptized and to receive the Holy Ghost, working with Sherry and her kids has brought so much happiness and joy that I've never felt anything like before. Missions are great, I highly recommend one. 
Well I have to come clean, I lied about us moving. President pulled the rug out from under us at Zone Conference this week. Appartnelty he doesn't think two missionaries need a three bedroom apartment with a dining room. I told him "We need extra room for all the Spirit we have with us!" but he just laughed lol.  
Well I hope you all have a great week and that you continue to feel the spirit that conference brings .And I hope Villanova destroys those baby blue wearing fools.
 I love you all, go share the gospel. 
Love, Elder Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment