Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Monday, April 25, 2016

Bye Dad!


What's up everyone?! I hope you all had an awesome week, our week here in Waverly has been pretty great! So on last Tuesday we found out that Elder Sjoblom is getting transferred, so my trainer and I have parted ways and he's been replaced by my new Companion Elder Madsen! Elder Madsen's a stud, he trained my MTC homie Elder Van Haren. It was pretty funny as we were leaving transfers I rolled down the window and yelled "By Dad!" to Elder Sjoblom the members we were with were pretty confused lol. I'll miss my trainer a lot he's so awesome! but I'm excited for a change up.

This week has been pretty slow work wise mostly because transfer weeks are weird and we were getting everything settled in. We got to meet with our investigator DeAngelo, he's hilarious! He always gives me crap for having slim dress pants and calls me Freshman cause he found out I'm pretty new in the Mission. But he is doing okay so far, he is struggling to keep commitments but we hope we can help him get to Church this Sunday
Not a ton to report on this week, but one funny/awkward thing happened. We were teaching a lesson to this lady on the street and we were talking about Prophets, I brought up how we recently just had general conference and was talking about how important it is. I get pretty into it sometimes, and I was really feelin this one. So I'm pretty much halfway through testifying, and the lady stops me and is like "You know you seem really passionate and that's great, but I just don't really care."....life. I got so awkward I was trying to hold back the laughter. Pretty funny I was just like alright my bad lady lol. 

I hope you all have a great week, I want to encourage you to pray for opportunities to share the Gospel with someone. I've been thinking a lot about how big of a responsiblity we have as members of the one true Church to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and help others come unto Christ. I love you all! Go share the Gospel!
Love Elder Milligan


Elder Sjoblom and I having a Harry Potter wand duel. A member in the branch actually makes and sells Harry Potter Replica wands. He gave us some as a going away present.


No comments:

Post a Comment