Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Friday, December 29, 2017

Faith and Weed

What's up everybody?

Crazy that this is my last full week as a Missionary. Time is flying by and it's starting to finally feel real. 

This week was pretty nuts, we had MLC and Interviews this past week which take up the whole day so we had two days taken out of our week already. We also had a ton of work to do in our area so it was pretty busy. 

We have had a ton of miracles happen this week happen too. We didn't have a ton of time to go finding this week because of all of our meetings and teaching appointments so we had to do it in pretty small amounts of time. But the time we did get to go out and pound the pavement we found a ton of new investigators and five of them are really solid! We found a new lady named Irene, she's straight outta Liberia, and she has five sons that are all super cool and hopefully will be investigators this coming week. 

Quick update on my guy Steve! Steve is a stud holy cow, this man has read the BOM, D&C, and the Pearl of Great Price! He's a stud and doing really well. He's getting interviewed tonight and his baptism will be on Saturday! I'm so excited to baptize him on my last weekend as a full-time Missionary. It's going to be a great day.

We had some other investigators come to church this week and they are all doing awesome as well!

Okay so time for the latest experience from the Des Moines Ward Elders Quorum 

So one of the African members was teaching, about faith. So he starts telling this story about how he used to live in Liberia, and his parents sold "Grass" (Weed)  to make a living. So he proceeds to tell this story about how he once had to put his faith in God so he could smuggle weed through an African Airport and not get caught by the cops. I was dying, it was the funniest thing ever. Our African investigators were laughing so hard, and all the american members where just shaking their heads trying not to laugh. Such a typical Des Moines Ward moment lol.


Well this is it folks, probably the last email I'll put effort into on my Mission! I just want to let you all know how grateful I am for the support and love you have all shown me over the past two years. My Mission has meant the world to me and has changed me in so many ways. I testify that this is Christ's Church and we are all his beloved Children. I'm so grateful for the State of Iowa, and Illinois (kind of, I'm not a huge fan of that area lol). I'll miss this place so much, especially all of my African families, and crazy ghetto investigators. 

I love all of you and cannot wait to see you all in person. 

Jake 

I took a lot of photos last week but forgot my camera....so here's the only one I have with me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment