Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Friday, December 29, 2017

Flu Shots and Dog Bites

What's up world?

This week was pretty good and we worked really hard to help our investigators progress and make their baptismal dates. We had a lot of cool things happen and we saw some cool blessings come our way which is always dope.

So I'm way tired right now so I'm goona make a list of things that happened this week.

-So on Tuesday we had Zone Conference on Tuesday and it was pretty fire. Elder Obray and I gave a training on overcoming investigators concerns. It was pretty lit not goona lie. We made our training into an equation and trained on how we can follow certain steps to overcome any concern an investigator may have. So a funny thing that happened during ZC was that Sister Badger texted us the night before and told us that we needed to tell all the missionaries that the Red Cross would be there to give free flu shots. So we had to get flu shots and then the next day I got super sick. So shout out to the Red Cross. 

-This week we also taught the Yarlee/Gababba family (Even & Romeo). They are doing good, Even is really awesome. She's this old African lady that basically adopted 4 of her nieces and nephews after their mother was murdered by their father. So she has a lot on her plate, but she's a super humble lady and wants to follow Christ really bad.

-So my dog curse was reignited this past Saturday. So we were trying by this referral and this dog comes out goin like mach 4 and it's running at Elder Obray and I'm like man this ratchet dog is goona run right by him and bite me. That's exactly what happened too, this dog bit me on both legs lol. It got be on the thigh and the calf. Probably the worst one's I've gotten wrecked my pants and got me pretty good haha. 

-Church was good, the Des Moines Ward is good for at least one fallacy/false doctrine taught every Sunday. But this time we were going good nothing bad had been said yet. Then we get to Elders quorm and we were talking about missionary work. Then some how the topic got changed to cannibalism in the Book of Mormon and they went of on a 10 minute tangent and it was pretty wack.

Well other than that we had a pretty mellow week. We are building up the teaching pool cause we have a lot of baptisms coming up so it's goona get depleted pretty quick. But we'll find some more here. Well I love ya'll. I hope you guys have a great week!

Jake


Pic: Modeling for the Ford Calendar 

No comments:

Post a Comment