Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Friday, December 29, 2017

Toil in the Soil of Gratitude

This week was sweet. Thanksgiving was a good time and we had a lot of awesome things happen in our area this week. We really worked our butts off this week and the blessings started coming in phat on Sunday which is the best. 

The start of this week was pretty tough tbh Elder Obray and I got pretty sick. I got the flu at the start of the week and threw up some B-dubs so that was tight. Then Elder Obray got a sinus infection so we were walking zombies for a few days, but we still got out and worked really hard. We found some pretty sick people this week as well so that's a huge bonus. 

I'm super tired this week so I'm just going make a list of what happened this week. 

Monday- We had P-day and it was the usual routine.

Tuesday-  We worked hard, and did a lot of knocking. We went to Bdubs and I threw up in the middle of the night after after that so that was pretty cool. 

Wednesday- We had a good District Meeting and found a bunch of new investigators after that. 

Thursday- Thanksgiving was pretty sweet, we went on a run as a zone through downtown Des Moines and we finished running up the steps of the Capitol Building which is huge. It was pretty fun. Then we went and saw a member named Curtis, he's in one of the wards and he is a little disabled to we go and see him sometimes. He's a funny guy. For Thanksgiving we ate with the Senior Office Missionaries for lunch and they made us a bomb thanksgiving dinner. Then we had another dinner with the Meteer Family in the ward, I knew them back when I was in Ankeny so they are pretty sweet. Then we went to the mall and checked out the deals. 

Friday- Had another District Meeting, which was good. Then we found some more investigators.

Saturday- We found a ton of new Investigators. Had some funny experiences.

Sunday- We had 3 awesome investigators come to Church and Elder Obray and I spoke. I spoke on Humility and threw in a funny story about how I dropped my date rock climbing one time. President and Sister Badger were there to watch us speak so I think they enjoyed that one.

Investigator update:

Steven is doing great, for sure getting baptized on Dec. 23rd. My last Saturday as a missionary, super stoked for it. Bajar, is a cool guy from Ethiopia. We found him saturday night, got him to church on sunday morning. He's so solid. We also had an African member bring her non-member sister to church. During Gospel principles she raised her hand and said "Excuse me, I would like to be baptized into the Church, where can I put in an application". Me and Elder obray just smiled and raised our hands. ;) God is good.

Okay so the title of my Email is from Prez. Badger's most recent training. He gave a fire training on a lot of different subjects, but one was being humble and thankful. He told us that pride and sin can never grow in the soil of gratitude. I thought that went nicely with the holiday week. I love you guys! See you soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment