Elder Jake Milligan

Elder Jake Milligan

Friday, December 29, 2017

Mary Magdalene

This week was really good, we worked hard and found a ton of new investigators. We spent a lot of time finding and teaching our investigator Cynthia as well. We also met a lot of crazy people haha. It was pretty entertaining, we had some interesting encounters with Des Moines finest. 

I'm struggling super hard to remember all the things we did this week so I'm just going to make a list of all the stuff that happened. 

-We have had a ton of meetings this week we had 2 district meetings and we had Stake Coordination meeting with President Badger and President Call the DM Stake President. So we spent a lot of time preparing for meetings and putting stats together. 

-We went on exchanges this week with the some of the Spanish Elders in our zone. I went with Elder McConnell one of our DL's and he is really funny. It was interesting cause about a year ago I went on exchanges with him when he was fresh out of the MTC and I was his DL. We were basically working in the same area and even knocked some of the same apartments that we knocked a year ago. 

-On exchanges we taught Cynthia the Stop Smoking Workshop. She is really excited to stop smoking which is awesome and we should be able to help her quit. Smoking is her only hold back now she  bore her testimony in Church last Sunday about how she knew the Church was true and how she loved all the members. It was awesome. 

-Something awesome that happened this week was that I got a call from Kraig, one of my recent converts from Burlington. He said he was in DM for the night and wanted to take us out to dinner. So we got to go to Joe's Crab Shack with him. It was awesome to hangout with him and his daughter Maya who has started going to Church with him as well. Kraig is one of the most awesome and solid people ever. I love that guy!

-So one funny story about a crazy person we met this week. (I usually have like 5 of these encounters a week, people here are crazy) but it happened on exchanges with McConnell.
We were knocking some apartments and this lady opens the door and she is acting super strange. She like hugged us right as she opened the door so we had like zero time to react. Then she ran her hand through my hair and like squeezed my cheek. So this lady is just acting super crazy the whole time and she tells us that her name is "Mary Magdalene" and that she is married to Jesus Christ and all this stuff. Then she tried to read our auras and told us we both had an Orange Aura. Then to top things off she noticed that Elder McConnell was wearing a scarf and I wasn't so she grabs one of her scarfs and starts wrapping it around my neck and tells me I need to take it. Then she gave us a program from her dads funeral. This was like a pretty tame version of the story to be honest but yeah. We've met like 30 people like this sense I've been here. 

Well that's all I got this week. I forgot to take pics this week, so I'll try to send some next week.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment